Noah Kagan August 2014
|My Marketing Blog:||Noah's Okdork.com |
AppSumo.com : Today — Now : Chief Sumo.
kickflip inc / Gambit / Volume11 Media: September 2007 — April 2010 : Founder.
- Making things, eating burritos and kicking ass
- Gambit: Payment engine for virtual games
Mint Software : December 2006 — September 2007 : Director of Marketing.
- Created the content network with over 1,000+ RSS subscribers and 100,000+ monthly page views.
- Guest-List: Built a pre-launch email list of 20,000+ targeted individuals through dynamic landing pages, strategic partnerships, SEM & SEO.
- Branding & Marketing: Setup all the marketing based on research & user studies.
- Invented (I think) priority access for beta list through a segmented survey, asking friends who they hear about things from instead of just another friend and 'I want Mint' badges to grow page-rank.
Projects & Consulting : July 2006 - February 2007 : Helped different companies with product development, functionality & attention:
- Community Next: Coordinating the premier conference for creating, growing and monetizing online communities.
- scanR: Developed and wrote out specifications for viral marketing plan, assisted with SEM campaigns and improved activation usability.
- One Click Tennis: Created marketing strategy that doubled membership, specd out new features and worked out numerous partnerships.
- Event Robot: Helped hire new programmers, created online branding and worked with numerous clients on their online communities.
- ClaimID: Worked with company on clarifying message to users, improving email/site communication and site functionality.
Entreptreneur27 : November 2005 — Present : Created events for young technology entrepreneurs to socialize and learn.
- The Wine List: An educational event for wine newbies
- Starting a Startup: A panel of 9 young entrepreneurs took questions from a 160 person audience
- Technology Symposium: Showcasing 9 start-ups to VCs, bloggers, media and industry
Facebook : October 2005 — June 2006 : Researched, developed and executed on numerous features on the site.
- Status: Came up with the idea of real-time updates and executed with one engineer (Mark Slee).
- Flyers: Self-service advertising system
- Pulse: Shows the latest trends on college campuses
- Mobile: SMS and Wap integration
- Search: Worked on revision of entire search platform
- Friend Details / Social Timeline : Helped develop and execute friend relationships
- Created new ways of viral marketing such as tagging others photos & inviting non-users through events/groups
- Google Maps integration
Intel : August 2004 — October 2005 : Managed supply chain for all mobile Pentium 4 laptop chips.
- Manage worldwide deployment of over 1 million Pentium laptop parts to international OEMs and pushed for
additional chip builds to increase revenue by Millions of dollars
- Schedule 6-month production supply chain with factory in Malaysia
Microsoft : May 2003 — August 2003 (Internship) : Responsible for market research, business development and marketing:
- Created sales framework for accounts over $1 million dollars to maximize revenue opportunity
- Created action plan to encourage positive relations with CIO's for FY04 activities
- Analyzed customer relationships, revenue and attendance through trend analysis of the
top 150 customers for FY04 marketing plans
Past Projects & Work Experience : Fun Times
- HFG Consulting: Connecting companies and the college market complete marketing, recruitment and strategy for businesses. Clients included: Dell Computers
- Taught business principles to elite high school students in Korea.
- Collegeup: Classifieds for college students very similar to Craigslist
- Come Get Used Book Exchange: for Berkeley students with over 25,000+ in books and 10,000+ members
- Ninja Card Student Discount Card: for 6 college campuses across California. Grossed over $50,000 within 2 years.
- Transtech IT Consulting: helped small and medium businesses with websites, computer setups and networks.
- Office Max Sales associate: top sales person for 2 years while in high school.
- PopCorn Company: Managed a popcorn stand in Vallco Mall while attending high school.
- Macy's Sales Associate: Bed sheets and linens
- Free calls anywhere internationally. Assisted in setup.
- Do 22 pushups every night
- Love tacos, burritos and oatmeal
- Completed p90x (most of it) and Insanity
- Walked around India for a month
- Favorite country in the world (after Americuh): Thailand
- Avid reader and movie watcher.