In today’s episode, I talk with Joma Tech — a YouTuber who makes tech entertainment videos about life in Silicon Valley. What’s fascinating about Joma is that he’s built an audience of 1 million subscribers while working full-time as a data scientist and software programmer for major tech companies. And Joma’s ultimate goal is to become a director and build a multi-million dollar media company.
If you’ve ever wanted to learn how a full-time tech employee grew a YouTube channel to 1M subs, you’ll love this episode.
You’ll enjoy 5 BIG things from this conversation:
- The downfalls of creating content to get external validation
- Why Joma only releases 1 video a month
- Why entertaining content trumps educational content
- Why he’s creating a Dating Show on Youtube
- How he plans to build the Gimlet Media of YouTube
And if you enjoy listening to the podcast, I would really appreciate it if you left a review on Apple Podcasts to help more people find out about it. I might shout you out in the next episode!