I first started making videos on my iPhone…
Soon I realized I needed to level up my YouTube equipment.
So I hired a PRO, Javier Mercedes, to coach me up on the essentials.
Javier pointed out SIMPLE tips and equipment to upgrade any YouTube setup.
Here’s EVERYTHING you need to know for your own setup.
Here all the links to all the products discussed in this video:
- Audio-Technica ATR2100-USB. A decent mic designed for both the studio and the stage — offering two outputs: a USB output and an XLR output.
- Rode Lavalier GO Lav Mic. A clip-on lav microphone for interviews and videos.
- Rode VideoMic Pro. A shotgun microphone designed for use with DSLR cameras.
- Shure SM7B. A dynamic mic with a cardioid polar pattern — which basically means that it’s sturdy and less sensitive to loud noises compared to condenser mics.
- iPhone camera
- Logitech 1080p Webcam. A webcam optimized for professional quality video recording — you’ll appear in clear details and vibrant colors.
- Sony Alpha a6400. A mirrorless APS-C interchangeable-lens camera with real-time eye auto focus, 4K video and 180-degree touchscreen. And this camera has no recording time limit.
- Sony a7 III. A full-frame mirrorless interchangeable-lens camera with autofocus system that accurately focuses on your subjects.
- Sony 16-50mm. The smallest zoom lens designed for APS-C-format E-mount cameras. Deliver excellent optical quality and improve contrast — ideal for shooting video.
- Sigma 16mm f/1.4. A quality interchangeable wide shot lens for mirrorless Sony E-mount cameras and provides a 24mm equivalent focal length.
- Sony – E 50mm. Enjoy a near perfect portrait-length perspective on your APS-C E-mount camera, which provides a 75mm equivalent focal length ideal for short telephoto applications.
- Sony – FE 50mm. A standard, bright, and lightweight normal prime lens designed for full-frame E-mount mirrorless cameras — well-suited for everyday shooting.
- Sony E-mount FE 24mm. A fast, versatile lens well-suited to landscape, nature, and street photography .Combining a favored wide-angle focal length with an especially bright design.
- Sony E-Mount FE 24-70mm. A wide-angle to short telephoto lens designed for E-mount mirrorless cameras — standard zoom is well-suited for use in a wide array of environments and lighting conditions.
- Sony 16-35mm Vario-Tessar. A compact and weather-resistant option lens designed for all the wide-angle needs of full-frame E-mount shooters.
- Aputure 120D Mark 2. A lighting for photographers and filmmakers who need precision lighting tools with power options for the studio or on the road.
- Neewer Pro Light Stand. An adjustable light stand made by aluminum alloy — strong for heavy duty work and also portable & easy to store after use.
- Aputure Light Dome Mini II. A light dome that yields wide coverage and pleasing, natural-looking catchlights in the eyes of your subject.
If you enjoy this video I would really appreciate it if you subscribe to my YouTube channel for more free business and marketing tips.
Also, check out Javier’s amazing channel for more video magic.