When I was dating a girl in college, I got invited to her father’s house in rural Illinois.
I went to their house…
And it was a MANSION.
All I could say to her father was, “you’re so rich. How did you get so rich?”
Years later, I recommend Alan’s book not just for consulting, but for ALL business.
In today’s episode, I talk to Alan Weiss about growing a successful business.
You’ll learn 3 main things:
- Why self-help books and motivational speakers DON’T help
- How to fix imposter syndrome (and increase real self-esteem)
- General lessons from someone who got fired and had to start from zero
Plus a lot more.
Stuff we talk about:
- Tony Robbins. We talk about our thoughts on Tony Robbins and motivational speakers in general. I wrote about walking out of a Tony Robbins workshop recently.
- Alan’s books. We talk about a few of Alan’s books to help you grow your consulting or business.
- Great works of fiction. Alan recommends reading The Great Gatsby, The Grapes of Wrath, A Tale of Two Cities