Recently, I did an Ayahuasca ceremony.
Today, I want to introduce you to the Ayahuasca shaman who did my ceremony — Zach Poitra.
Zach runs the retreat La Familia Ayahuasca. But what’s most interesting is his journey… he went from being a stock broker, to quitting everything, to moving to Guatemala to do retreats.
I want to know how Zach decided to become a shaman, so I invited him on my podcast.
In today’s episode, you’ll learn:
- How Zach went from working in finance… to giving up everything to do meditation retreats
- What goes into making the Ayahuasca ceremony so powerful? I didn’t believe in a lot of this woo-woo stuff before I went, was so interesting to hear
- The downsides of Ayahuasca
Things we talk about in this episode:
- Vipassana: The type of meditation Zach did, and still does today sometimes
- National Geographic article about Ayahausca: One of the things that inspired Zach to explore Ayahuasca
- Icaro medicine songs: The songs that I heard during my Ayahuasca ceremony
- My trip to Israel: Things I learned during my recent trip to Israel
- Ayahuasca research in Spain: One of the studies that Zach mentions
- Ayahuasca research in Brazil: Another piece of research that Zach mentions