What’s it like to be rich?
Not just kinda rich… but really, really rich.
Today, I interview David Hauser, a co-founder of Grasshopper and angel investor in Intercom, Unbounce, and more.
In 2015, David sold Grasshopper for around $200 million.
He only had one other co-founder, and didn’t take investments — so he made a LOT of money.
Some people might think it’s taboo to talk about money…
But I wanted to go behind-the-scenes on what it’s like to sell a startup and make money most people only dream about. (Hint: It isn’t as glamorous as you think.)
In today’s conversation, you’ll learn 3 key things:
- What life is like when you sell a company for $200 million
- Why more money means LESS happiness
- The quickest way to generate wealth
And a lot more.
Stuff we talk about:
- Chargify. David founded this company, and got an investment from Mark Cuban.
- Grasshopper. David’s company he sold to almost $200 million.
- 3 investments I’ve done: Teachable, Huckberry, Buffer. Had these investments for about 5 years.
- Uber. According to Dave, people have made their entire career from this investment.
- Chartable. Podcast analytics and tracking that I use.
- Rich People Book. The book I wrote after learning where the ultra-wealthy (8-figures and above) put their money.
- Bandito. Restaurant that David invested in that he doesn’t think will get a great return.
Leave a comment below and let me know what’s the #1 rich person thing that stuck out to you.