I was SUPER overwhelmed with all this chaos recently.
So I planned out quiet time for me to think.
I then came up with my investment thesis which I will walk through today.
Original asset allocation:
- 60% cash 40% equities
Steps I took in my Action Plan:
- Reduced equity allocation down to 30%
- Split the 30% in half — 15% self-managed and 15% AdvicePeriod managed
- Of 15% managed (80% stocks 20% bonds)
- Sold all real estate investment trusts (REITs), thinking commercial real estate will be challenged long-term
- Moved that amount into long-term with dividends (Amazon, Microsoft, Verizon, JP Morgan, Budweiser, Chevron, Berkshire Hathaway)
- Dollar-cost Averaging these purchases back into the market
- Set a threshold to sell your stocks
- As the economy is unstable, I increase BTC position incase of a universal downfall
- “10 Baggers” portfolio allocation that is risky but could 10x in return
- Optional: move 5% in and out of portfolio to hedge on downside risk
Note: this is NOT investment advice. (Matter of fact when it comes to investing, I always lose money.)
Comment what you are planning in your investment thesis.