Eating at the restaurant Alinea was one of the best experiences of my life. Named “Best Restaurant in the World” by Elite Traveler Magazine, Alinea exemplifies greatness.
To learn more, I sat down with Nick Kokonas, one of the minds behind Alinea. We talked about his lessons for success, what sex and food have in common (seriously), why Nick doesn’t care about customer feedback, and more.
Direct Download Link
Right-click and select ‘Save Link As…’
Lessons learned in this episode:
- How to make sure you’re not limiting yourself.
- Why you should ignore certain customer feedback (and which specific feedback to ignore).
- The reason Nick dropped $140,000 on table for his restaurant.
- Experiencing Trump in-person — what it was like and lessons learned.
- Nick’s keys to hiring amazing team members who make your life easier.
- Why it’s important to always ask for a discount.
- The secret to why restaurants have tablecloths
- Idea validation (and how to tell if you have a bad business idea)
The Challenge: What’s ONE lesson you learned from Nick and Alinea you can incorporate in your own life, career, or business this week?
Leave a comment and tell me how you did on this week’s challenge!
Links discussed in this episode: