Recently, I went to an epic leadership retreat in Israel.
I met a TON of neat people, and had some time to sit down and really think…
Am I happy with what I’m doing? What am I not doing well? What do I want to change?
I want to share the the life thoughts I had.
Check out the 10-minute minisode below.
Here are the 7 short life thoughts I took away from my retreat…
- Show up. Either you’re in or you’re out. Don’t half-ass things. Commit with your work, yourself, and your relationships.
- Judge less. On my trip, my first impression of someone was TOTALLY wrong. Learn to set the intention to get to know people before you make assumptions.
- Growth. How are you better now than at the beginning of this year? Part of growth is also realizing mistakes happen, and that they’re an opportunity to get better.
- Be OPEN to change. Try to understand where another person is coming from. Like you, everyone is trying to figure out what to do and live a good life.
- Create space. In our day-to-day jobs, it can be hard to create time to have deep conversations and grow. Give yourself 5-10 minutes every morning to think about what your great life looks like and what’s holding you back.
- Man of your word. Live by example. If you say you’re going to do something, go do it. If you say you’ll follow up or call someone later, be a person of your word.
- Deep connections. When was the last time you had a really deep conversation? Create or put yourself in those situations by meeting more people, or deepening the relationships you already have.
What’s your favorite life lesson? Let me know in the comments below. 😃
Want to hear more learnings from my trip? Check out the 16 leadership activities we did.