Prenups can be an important part of preparing for marriage…
But it’s also a SUPER sensitive topic.
I know because I’m learning and planning a prenup now.
In today’s conversation, I talk to a top divorce attorney about WHY and HOW to plan a prenup.
But that’s not all I talk to this divorce attorney about.
I also wanted to hear his advice on how to keep a marriage strong… so a prenup is never even needed.
One major theme is to “keep the connection going”. A few pointers we talk about:
- Not taking things too seriously and having big arguments
- Breaking through difficult moments
- Learn to say sorry (and mean it)
- Daily reassessments and reconciliation
- Data says sexually active relationships = healthy relationships (NICE!)
These tips remind me of the book Getting the Love You Want by Harville Hendrix that I read recently. One takeaway is I started to try to plan more surprises (like flowers every few weeks).
In today’s podcast, you’ll hear all about prenups, surprises, and tons more:
- Most common reasons for divorce
- KEYS to healthy relationships
- How prenups work (key things to consider before getting one)
What’s one thing you learned in this episode?