Is it better to rent or buy?
There’s a TON of information out there.
But most if it isn’t the truth. Or it’s not backed by data.
Everyone has an opinion… but not many people have the numbers to prove their point.
Today, I’m sharing if it’s ACTUALLY better to rent vs. buy.
I sold my condo recently, and I’m going to show you the exact numbers from my sale — and compare it to the cost I would have spent renting.
You’ll learn 3 main things:
- Is it actually better to own or rent a place?
- Buying vs. investing in the stock market — what’s better?
- What you might have ignored about renting vs. buying
Stuff we talk about:
- Should you invest in real estate? My friend Ramit Sethi has written a lot about the myths of real estate. I recommend his material.
- Buying vs. Renting spreadsheet. The exact spreadsheet from selling my condo, and comparing it to the cost of renting.
- NYT rent calculator. Calculate if it’s better to rent or buy for you.
What don’t I know about renting vs. buying? Leave a comment and let me know!