In this episode I talk to my long-time friend David Kadavy. He’s the love child of Malcolm Gladwell and a designer. A deep-thinking gentlemen with unique perspectives on life.
This was a surprising episode. I wasn’t planning on putting it out publicly. It made me uncomfortable, and I didn’t think it was good enough. But the concepts we discussed changed my life and I keep referring back to them so I’m excited to share with you!
This is how many edits it took from our awesome audio editor Jason DeFillippo for this episode. No you can’t hire him 🙂
We discuss repetition and mastery. How to be a professional. Why being a weirdo is okay, and tons of other insights.
Direct Download Link
Right-click and select ‘Save As…’
Lessons learned in this episode:
- Why I listen to my own podcast again and again to attain mastery.
- How repetition can help us gain an edge.
- The difference between being a hobbyist and professional.
- Why you need to take ACTION — and stop reading more books, watching more TED talks, and taking in more information.
- How David embraces his inner weirdo.
- The importance of being selective with where you get praise.
- Stories and the Hero’s Journey.
- Why “settling” is a B.S. term if you get what you want.
- The line between contentment and fulfillment.
The Challenge: For the next 7 days be content with what you have. Leave a comment with 1 thing you are grateful for.
Links discussed in this episode: