So you know you want to MAKE MONEY..
But maybe you’re not sure where to start?
There’s a lot of talk about “side hustles” and “grind”, but where do you even start?
Today I’m sharing my favorite websites and tools for GETTING STARTED on your side hustle.
Teaching languages. Find places where you already have paying customers.
- TakeLessons / italki / Preply – Each one of these sites has millions of students ready to pay to learn. If you speak any language go check these out.
Starting newsletters. Communicate with your audience at scale.
- Sendfox or Substack – Great ways to have weekly newsletters and build up your audience. This makes it easy for whenever you ready to sell something you have potential customers ready.
Selling eCommerce. Find trending products and categories to sell online.
- HaulDrop.com – Promote your physical product for free or get inspired
- Shopify – They are offering 90 days free right now so it’s great to try out any new business idea.
Selling local. Look to help out your local neighbors or find bargains on items.
- Nextdoor – I love this site to find potential local customers and to find products for sale locally I could resale on eBay.
- Facebook Marketplace – This is becoming the de facto local marketplace. Tons of ways to sell your stuff or grabs your friends’ stuff and sell it for them there. Also — if you are quick you can find deals and flip those products on Amazon.
Teaching any skill.
- Teachable / Skillshare.com – These are my two favorite sites to put your course online.
- If you want to see how to create an online course – live and for free, watch here.
Create fun online activities.
- Airbnb Online Experiences – IF you have ANY skills like cooking, dancing, juggling or entertaining in some form – I would encourage you to post it here. AirBnB revenue is significantly down so they are going to promote these very heavily and it’s a great site to build a business.
Sharing business expertise.
- Clarity.fm – If you have ANY business expertise you can find people who’ll pay you well to talk to you about it. I charge about $1,000 and have made a lot of money doing this when I was taking clients. Again, you are looking for sites that have YOUR customers raising hands ready to pay you.
Selling tools and affiliates.
- AppSumo – This is the company I founded. They promote a TON of tools. 1000s of people make nearly full-time living as AppSumo affiliate. They do that by making YouTube videos, writing blog posts, Instagram, Facebook groups and more about the products being promoted on the site.
Selling eCommerce for creators with digital products.
- GumRoad – This is one of my new favorite sites for creators. It gives you the easiest way to distribute and sell your products online. Think of it as a Shopify for digital products. Many people are making 5-figure living selling Templates, eBooks, icons, Zoom backgrounds, spreadsheets and many other creative ideas.
The most important thing is go to where your customers are ASKING to give money instead of other way around.
If you are struggling about HOW to get started on a business, here’s 3 questions to get you going:
- What are you UNIQUELY amazing at?
– This can be cooking, educating, empathizing, being lazy, whatever.
- Where are the BUYERS in your market?
– Which sites do they frequent offline or online so you can appeal to them
- WHO are your buyers?
– The more specific you are about that the easier it is to reach them. The broader you are = the harder.
Good luck out there. I believe in you.