|BONUS: Another story from a world-class restaurant|
How do you succeed in one of the most competitive industries in the world?
The restaurant industry is the perfect example:
- Tons of competition
- Margins are super low
- Failure rate is very high
Tyson Cole has defied the odds… 7 times!
Tyson runs 7 restaurants, including one of my favorite restaurants in Austin called Uchiko.
Their sushi is delicious.
In today’s podcast episode, you’ll learn…
- How Tyson went from dishwasher to one of the top chefs in the U.S. Hear about the path he took
- How to turn your talent into something profitable
- How Tyson uses a different hiring and team strategy that makes all his teammates happier
Things we talk about in this episode:
- Kyoto Japanese Restaurant: This is the sushi restaurant Tyson got his start
- Uchiko Austin: One of Tyson’s restaurants in Austin. Go for their sake social hour!
- Elephant Room: Great jazz bar in Austin
- Uchi Austin: Tyson’s first restaurant opened 15 years ago
- Loro Austin: Tyson’s newest restaurant (an Asian smokehouse)
- BondST: The restaurant Tyson worked when he moved to NYC for a few months
- Tyson Cole on Iron Chef: Tyson is one of the few chefs who’s been featured
Enjoy the full episode below!